Steelcad Drafting believe in a collaborative team approach.
Steelcad fosters a collaborative approach to project delivery by taking the time to talk to consultants and builders, to understand the goals and drivers for their project, then make the necessary adjustments to our workflows and internal processes in order to provide what they want, when and how it’s wanted. We do this by developing customised systems and tools to assist in the management and transfer of digital information.
The advantage of early engagement of Steelcad Drafting is that the whole process can be prepared and managed in a finely controlled environment that is accessible to all sectors in the supply chain and allows targeted, two-way information transfer for all stakeholders.
The fundamental nature of our ICM (Integrated Construction Model) is to ensure that project data is current, readily available, and reliable. Innovative firms who’ve already embraced this concept have seen significant increases in productivity, providing them with a considerable edge over the ‘exchange of paper’ methodology. More and more of our clients are seeing the benefits of this approach and we believe it will eventually become the norm for progressive-thinking project owners and contractors
- Expertise in steel design and detailing with greater collaboration and informed decision-making.
- Maximum use of BIM (Building Information Modelling) practices reducing the reliance on 2D.
- Mutually beneficial ways to mitigate risk.
- Carefully controlled and progressive issues of information between design and detail.
- Best practice documentation from well recognised and reputable firms.
- Proven and strong relationship with true collaborative and non-adversarial mediation of design issues.
- Direct communications.
- Parallel workflows for design and detailing tasks.
- Steel and concrete shop drawings and data available at time of tender preparation.
- Facilitate program certainty due to the ‘problem solving’ being done during design finalisation phase, not in the critical path of the construction program.
- Gross reduction in quantity of RFI’s and constructability risk.
- Enhanced sub-contractor scope definition.
- Opportunities to exploit intelligent supply-chain solutions.
- Improved WHS management and analysis.
- A competitive advantage through process leadership.
IPD has allowed us to meet a fast-tracked program and meet target budgets with the comfort of knowing the construction documentation is of the highest quality. If we had of followed a convention method, I am confident to say that this would have put our site structure activities approx. 2-3 weeks behind schedule, with a higher risk of inaccurate construction drawings which would lead to expensive on site added costs.
IPD has certainly been proven to save time on programme and provide better opportunity to meet fast tracked programmes with minimal risk. It has provided certainty that procurement will meet milestones and lower trade costs due to the accuracy of quantities. The building industry is forever evolving and IPD is a delivery method which is proven to provide value to our design and construct delivery methods.